Clinical Studies of Breast Cancer in the Inner Half
HiroshimaJMedSci_33_709.pdf 379 KB
Inner half breast cancer
Parasternal nodal dissection
The result of our recent review on 112 cases of inner half breast cancer that had been intially operated during the past 20 years at the Second Department of Surgery, Hiroshima University School of Medicine, indicated the following data:
1) The inner half group showed worse prognosis than the outer half group. (p<0. 05)
2) Slightly good results were observed on the Ps-dissection-added cases in the inner half group (no significant difference).
3) There were no Ps (+) cases observed in the Ax (-) group.
4) The number of Ps (+) cases was increased at Ax (+) group (p<0. 01) or T3 (p<0. 05).
5) In selecting the operative method, it is important to consider, especially, the nodal status and the size of tumor.
6) It cannot be said that the radiation therapy on the affected part after operation is always effective.
7) There was a relatively fixed pattern in the occurrence of Ps nodal metastasis and in the type of their recurrence (no significant difference).
Hiroshima Journal of Medical Sciences
Hiroshima University School of Medicine