ローカルな環境運動が創出する景観 : 宍道湖・中海と霞ヶ浦の事例をもとに
StudEnvSci_1_19.pdf 16.4 MB
Landscape made by environmental movements : from two cases about the movements around Lake Shinji and Nakaumi and Lake Kasumigaura
The aim of this paper is to describe landscapes made by local environmental movements from two cases about the movements around Lake Shinji and Nakaumi and Lake Kasumigaura. The landscapes are divided into following four groups.
1) the wide landscape in accordance with the goal of movements
2) the narrow landscape in accordance with the goal of movements and the landscape concerned with special place
3) the derivative landscape unintended by the movements but concerned with them
4) the abandoned landscape under the influence of environmental issue
These four groups are instantiated as follows.
1) In the case of Lake Shinji and Nakaumi, the landscape as brackish lake is conserved and Honjyo site keeps a sight of the lake by the suspension of Nakaumi land reclamation project. In the case of Lake Kasumigaura, Takahama-iri keeps lake landscape by the suspension of the land reclamation project.
2) The examples of this type are the dismantled water gate and dike, reed planted site by citizen' s group, biotopes constructed at many elementary school, and so on.
3) In the case of lake Nakaumi, Hikona land reclamation site was transformed into a park as bird sanctuary and a road was constructed on the problem dike in parallel with the environmental issue about Nakaumi land reclamation project. In the case of Kasumigaura, several huge buildings were constructed for publicity of water development.
4) National and local governments did not consider the possibilities of alternative water resource because they showed strong intention to do the desalination project of the Lake Shinji and Nakaumi. The government did not support fishing industry of Lake Nakaumi as one of brackish lake until the suspension of the project.
Environmental movements have influences on the landscape not directly but indirectly. Environmental groups often demand to stop or alterations of physical environment or to change development plan into more sustainable one. The landscape of environmental movements is political one made under the pressure of various demands for environmental conservation.
広島大学大学院総合科学研究科紀要. II, 環境科学研究
Copyright (c) 2006 by Graduate School of Integrated Arts and Sciences, Hiroshima University. All rights reserved