This report summarizes the results of the three-years joint research conducted from 2014 to 2016. In the first year (university year 2014), a scientist/scholar specialized in a field, graduate students and education researchers formed a group with the aim of having the graduate students interpret academic papers specified by the researcher, understand the contents and discover the structure of the paper and the structure of learning of the researcher. In the second year (2015), two academic papers by the same author or in the same field were selected and compared to investigate differences, similarities and historical changes in the structure of learning by the same researcher or in the field. In the third year (2016), academic papers and books were interpreted; and the relationship between the structure of paper interpretation and preparation of teaching units in research of teaching materials that conform with teacher’s activities toward preparation of teaching units, was clarified.
As the results of the study, the following points were clarified:
(1) An academic paper of a researcher in a special field expresses learning of researchers.
(2) Learning of a researcher is expressed in the composition and contents of a paper.
(3) In extracting the learning of a researcher, it is possible to extract the learning of the author, who is a scientist/scholar, from the composition and contents of a paper.
(4) Learning of a researcher has a respective structure to each field of research, and it is possible to discover and extract the structure.
(5) There are three types of process for using the structure of learning of a researcher in lesson (teaching unit) preparation: 1) conversion of the contents, 2) conversion of the structure of the contents, and 3) conversion of the basic concept of the content structure.