One problem faced in China in imparting the basic education during teaching practice is that teachers design lessons that reflect the concept of standard courses (that conform to the government course guidelines). This research examined the series “Confronting Difficulties in Lessons that are New Course Subjects” as a study to help overcome this problem. It then conducted a study on plans to improve the lesson design that is mentioned in the “middle school geography” part of this series and examined the method and content of lesson planning.
The following results were obtained.
1. It is necessary to clearly establish the dimensions of a goal to accomplish it.
2. Educational plans should be devised based on a goal.
3. Examples should be provided about aspects that will be difficult to implement in the class plan and countermeasures to overcome difficulties should be envisaged.
4. Points of difficulty should be addressed by using the class content and interesting methods and by developing a different class.
5. By improving the content and the method of the class, goals can be accomplished at a higher level.
These five points clarified the characteristics of plans to improve class designs, and these characteristics were identified as follows: 1) basic plans are made to overcome the educational difficulties faced by teachers; 2) they prioritize a goal and plans are adopted to improve the methods or content related to accomplishing a goal; and 3) improving lessons requires considerations of the learner’s interests and multiple lessons.