The purpose of this study is to examine a partnership method for development of individual employability. Employment policy that emphasizes on employability has been focused recently. However, it is criticized that increasing employability itself would not decrease a number of unemployment. So, the partnership on regional level could be a key issue to make the employment policy more efficient.
The main questions are to understand;
1) why the partnership method is desired (theoretical study)
2) how the actual partnership has been managed at a regional level (case study),
3) and what the key points in order to understand the reason behind the success of the partnership are.
The case chosen is the New Deal policy for the young unemployed people at Sunderland in the United Kingdom.
The main findings are as follows.
1) The development of employability requires the new jobs and thus the partnership with a local investment is necessary. The unemployment is also a complex problem, which requires a participation of various organizations to support the unemployed.
2) In Sunderland, the New Deal management meetings have been held regularly, and the training center was created through the partnership.
3) The key points for a success of partnership method are a scale of the partnership and a relationship among partners.