1 Plan for fattening cattle
(1) There are improved cattles in Japan, called Japanese black breed cattle, Hapanese brown breed cattle and Japanese polled cattle.
(2) Subject of fattening experiments are judged to be of practical value in Milo, as fattening feeds for Japanese black cattle.
(3) Experimental period are 100 days. Cattle are steered and 2~3 years old.
(4) The experiment was exercised at Yamaguchi Breeding Farm in Yamaguchi-Ken.
(5) The steers gave compound feeds include Milo for A and B group.
(6) We adopted labour saving husbandry system for cattle.
2 Result of experiment
(1) Growth in body is average J. 32kg per day per head in A group and average 0.94kg per day per head in B group, exceeded growth standard average 1. 08 kg per day.
(2) Growth in linear is of good condition, growth in heart girth especially. And ilower flank repleted in general appearance.
(3) Compound feeds see Table 9 and amount of roughage see Table 10.
(4) Account and cost of concentrate and dry matter, price of roughage to per 1 kg gain and nutrient per gain see Table 11, 12, 13.
(5) Slaughter and carcass record were of good condition generally.
(6) Settlement of accounts have been positive income. The difference of incomings and outgoings were A group larger than B group in average profit.
(1) When Milo used for cattle fattening, there are brought about growth good results. According to the quality of meat have been the same results also.
(2) Price of Milo is cheap, it seems suitable feed for fattening cattle, now price is 27 yen per 1 kg.
(3) But we must have deep consideration, because we must study related the sorts, amounts of roughage and all amounts of concentrated feeds, when we have selected several feeds on compound. There are numbers of researches afresh.