帝国の外地出身「科学者」たち : 京城帝国大学《理工学部》設立のあとさき
JHUA_22_2.pdf 1.4 MB
Scientists from the colonies of the Empire: Before and after the establishment of the “Faculty of Science and Engineering” at Keijō Imperial University
Under the Japanese rule of Korea, Keijō (Gyeongseong/Seoul) Imperial University established a third faculty based on a novel concept that called for the integration of
“science” and “engineering” in wartime Japan.
This third faculty, named the Faculty of Science and Engineering, was established in 1938 and opened in 1941. It ended its history in September 1945 when its third class graduated. The faculty, assembled with the help of Viscount Masatoshi Ōkōchi of RIKEN, included many of Japan’s most advanced and young scientific minds at the time.
Although only approximately 30% (36/131) of the graduates who received bachelor’s degrees from the university were Korean, the faculty was the cradle of scientists in South Korea as well as in North Korea.
In addition, the academic, material, and human heritage of Keijō Imperial University was inherited in different forms by Seoul National University and Kim Il Sung University.
第3回 広島大学文書館研究集会「戦前期における大学史・高等教育史の再検証 : 東アジアという視点から」の記録
Journal of Hiroshima University Archives
|date of issued||
Departmental Bulletin Paper
Departmental Bulletin Papers
Copyright (c) 2021 広島大学文書館
Hiroshima University Archives
Last 12 months's access : ? times
Last 12 months's DL: ? times
This month's access: ? times
This month's DL: ? times